- Encourage students to start thinking about their futures beyond school.
- Expose students to positive role models in various occupations.
- Make connections between school routines and expectations in the workplace.
- Better prepare our students for high school and post-secondary education.
If you are interested in being a Speaker for the 2023-24 Career Day please fill out the following link. https://forms.gle/JfuxzxssMvA6Xdtn9
Below is a description of our Career Day.
You will be talking to approximately 25 students at a time. You should plan a 20-25 minute presentation about your career which will be shared in three sessions. This will leave time for questions. The three sessions are about 20 minutes each.
We are asking that you be available in the morning and we promise to feed you an early lunch. Our events would begin at 8:45am and you would be done by 12:00pm, if you stay for lunch, 11:30 am if you cannot stay.
The goals of our Career Day are:
- To encourage students to begin to think about their futures beyond school;
- To expose students to positive role models in various occupations;
- To make connections between school routines and expectations in the workplace;
- To better prepare our students for high school and post-secondary education.
Thank you so very much for being willing to share your experiences with our students and for helping us to extend their learning to beyond of the confines of the classroom. We know your presentation will provide them with an interesting perspective on the “world of work” and we are very grateful.
Parkway Heights Middle School
(650) 877-8788 ex 5400