- Attend "Back to School Night".
- Join the parent teacher association (PTA).
- Attend school board meetings.
- Participate in "Coffee with the Counselors" before school.
- Chaperone field trips.
- Chaperone tri-school events.
- Chaperone the 8th grade dance.
- Coach a tri-school sports team (e.g., volleyball, basketball, soccer).
- Organize books fairs.
- Participate in community cleanup days.
- Speak at career day.
- Supervise the lunchroom.
- Volunteer for school sponsored events or fundraisers.
- Volunteer in the school library.
- Model lifelong learning and the value of education.
- Encourage curiosity, problem solving, and independent thinking in your child.
- Stay in contact with teachers and counselors to monitor grades and voice concerns.
- Recognize the importance of regular attendance by reducing the amount of time your child misses school for vacations, dentist and doctor appointments, etc.
English Learners Advisory Committee
Parent Teacher Association
Strong family-school partnerships make a big difference. When families and schools work together, our kids win.
The Parkway Heights Middle School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a 100% volunteer organization run by parents and teachers. We are a 501(c)(3) organization affiliated with the California State PTA.
We advocate for our students and organize fundraising activities and events to engage students, teachers and families in our children's success.
This helps parents stay abreast of developments at school and provides families with a means to suggest changes to improve their school and community.
The PTA also provides information on ways parents can support their child’s education and allows parents to hone their skills and talents in service to that cause.
More importantly, the PTA connects parents with other families and helps build a sense of community.
To get involved, contact us at [email protected] for more information.
School Site Council
- Implementation of a Standards-Based Instructional Program
- Establishing and Monitoring Systems of Assessment and Evaluation
- English Language Learners
- Special Education
- Parent and Community Engagement
- Current tuberculosis (TB) test dated within 60 days
- Copy of a valid driver’s license
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccine and boosters
Please allow at least two (2) weeks for fingerprint processing.
Parents who wish to chaperone field trips must be fingerprinted and have a negative TB test on file.